The Sports Center
The Kenmure Sports Center offers numerous opportunities for the health enthusiasts to tone through a myriad of programs and activities. The fitness and exercise center is equipped with the latest fitness equipment, and personal trainers are available to guide the participant through personalized training programs. Also available are additional activities such as yoga, pilates, Tai Chi, sports yoga, and massage therapy.
The state-of-the-art indoor, saline swimming pool is one of the most popular amenities in the fitness complex. An ongoing water aerobic activity is held each morning Monday through Friday as well as an adult lap swim. Free swim takes up the balance of the day with the pool being open until 10:00 p.m. for the members’ convenience.
Also included in the sports and fitness complex is a heated outdoor pool that opens Memorial Day weekend and closes after Labor Day weekend. Add our popular Pickleball Court and Bocce Court to complete the sports center activities, and you can see why our members love our sports complex.
Kenmure features both hard surface and soft surface tennis courts to please all our tennis enthusiasts. The courts sit amid gracious trees, adjacent to the golf course. With four clay courts and two hard-surface courts, it is the venue for a variety of tennis events and activities throughout the year.
These events and activities cater to players of all ages and abilities, and especially welcome are beginners and seasoned players wishing to return to the game after a long absence.
- Men’s tennis on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Ladies’ tennis on Mondays and Fridays.
- USTA match-play against local clubs played in the spring and summer.
- Club Championships played over the course of the summer. (Both singles and doubles events.)
- Four tennis socials held at weekends during the summer, concluding with a dinner at the Club in the evening. These socials are very popular and are always well attended.
- A Junior Sports Camp in July comprising an enrollment of children between the ages of 6-12 years old who receive instruction in golf, tennis, and swimming.
Our tennis pro is available for lessons and instruction and there are opportunities for all tennis players regardless of experience.
Call Shirish Deshpande (Tennis Pro) for lessons or more info: 828-674-2532.